Saturday, October 06, 2007

My Prayer

Wow! Has it really been a year since I last posted? Wow! Anyway, here is a poem I wrote a few days ago and the Lord laid it on my heart to post it here. I'm no Emily Dickenson, but I have had 2 poems published in books so this shouldn't be TOO bad. lol Seriously, though, it is just what flowed from my heart onto the paper that day.

Anyway, here is the poem:

Lord, beloved Lord, Jesus,
You have so much to teach me.
I have so much to know.
Teach me, Lord,
And help me to learn.
I have so much sin,
So much darkness in my heart.
And yet, I want to be perfect,
To have the heart
You want me to have.
Take this old heart and throw it out.
Cast it into the garbage heap.
Replace it, please, with a perfect one
That only seeks to please You, Lord,
And to do Your perfect will.

Please give me love for others
That will cause me to put their need for Salvation
Ahead of my fear of rejection.
Give me a heart of understanding
That I won't be hurt
When people abuse me for Your sake
And so I will be patient
When it takes time
For them to see things Your way.
Give me a heart of strength
That I may not smear Your name.
For people tend to blame You
When Your servants do not obey
Even though You did nothing wrong.

And Lord, I need so many other things.
You know what they are.
Lord, I ask You for all of these things
That I may honour You
And grieve Your heart no more.
Lord, please give me the heart
That You want me to have.

In Jesus' name,
Amen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

cerebral palsy